- Chandelier-style earrings from Connected Fair Trade
- Horn Necklace from Connected Fair Trade
- Horn earrings from Connected Fair Trade
- Upcycled New York Transit Token Charm Bracelet available from Eco-Artware.com
- Sand Dollar ring made of reclaimed metals by Alkemie, available from Juno and Jove
- Starfish ring made of reclaimed metals by Alkemie, available from Juno and Jove
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Wat Pho, Bangkok, Thailand
Not too long ago, I lived and worked in Bangkok, Thailand, and the heat wave here in DC has me reminiscing about my days in the land of gilded temples and stunning beaches. From Wat Pho to Chiang Mai, Thailand is filled with beautiful colors, intricate details, and mesmerizing patterns.
Tune in tomorrow for another round-up of fair accessories inspired by limestone cliffs, aqua waters and the blue skies of Krabi province.
The Eco Breakdown
Alkemie jewelry is handcrafted by husband and wife team Dara and Ashley Lowengrub. All of their designs are made of 100% reclaimed metal and manufactured by hand in downtown Los Angeles, California.
Eco-Artware.com is a local DC venture. Since 1999, director Reena Kazman has showcased earth friendly gifts made by artists who are committed to sustainability and factor the environment into their work. Most items are upcycled or recycled in some way, although there are some first generation eco-friendly items, such as ripstop nylon reusable shopping bags, hand-turned pens made of sustainably harvested wood, and bracelets made with Fair Trade choclo beads.