A tweed jacket is one of my favorite staples to throw on when it's cold outside. It works with everything: jeans, trousers, pencil skirts...you really can't go wrong.
I like to tough my tweed up a bit by pairing it with leather-- in this case, a (faux) leather mini, acquired used from Secondi. The pearls are a hand-me-down from my husband's late grandmother, and the ring, by the by, is made of recycled platinum and conflict-free diamonds by Brilliant Earth. Check them out, they're amazing. Last but not least, of course, we have My Precious.
You can achieve the same tweed-with-a-twist effect with coated black jeans, or a tweed dress with a vintage leather jacket, or a tweed skirt and a faux leather peplum top. Something about the classic daintiness of tweed just cries out for edgy leather, don't you think?
Either way, I've scoured the interwebs to find you some fair tweed options at various price points. Hope you like!
- Olive jacket is made in the USA jacket by Proenza Schouler, on mega-sale right now at Bergdorf Goodman for $698 (was $1,995).
- Red and black vintage 80s tweed jacket is from Etsy for $26 including shipping from the UK
- Black and white jacket is available on Ebay with bidding currently at $134.99
- Tan jacket is also used from Ebay with bidding at $15 at time of writing (buy it now for $50)
- Dress is made in the USA by Oscar de la Renta and also on mega-sale, which makes it a STEAL at $1,571 ;) A girl can dream.
Psst... Like Fair Vanity? Like me on the facebooks