- Mara Hoffman one-piece patterned suit is made in the USA, $256
- Fleurs de Soleil Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 for Face and Body is vegan, paraben-free and made with 75% organic ingredients.
- Baobab and banana fiber beach tote is fair trade and hand woven from natural fibers, available from Drifting Arrows.
- Shwood sunglasses are handmade from discarded wood in Portland, Oregon.
- Striped 100% cotton beach towel is handmade and fair trade, available from Drifting Arrows
Although spring has only just recently sprung, I've already got sun and sand on my mind. Why? First of all, I am obsessed with this Mara Hoffman one piece swimsuit. I've never been a one piece type, but there are so many great options out there now that I think I could become one. I also like that they become a shirt when you throw on shorts or jeans.
The second reason I've got the beach on my mind is that I'm headed out to Tulum tomorrow to participate in a yoga retreat with my best girlfriends!
There will be several posts lined up for you this week while I'm gone, including the big reveal for a project I recently worked on with a dozen (or more?) other bloggers, headed up by stylist extraordinaire Ms. Shellby Cheri. The outfit she styled for me will go live on Wednesday, but for now, check out how she helped Carlis from Spicy Candy DC style her badass printed overalls three ways.
Now, let's get back to those beach essentials. I've found so, so many beautiful swimsuits that are made in the USA, eco-friendly post-sun skin products, and fair trade towels that I recommend visiting my pinterest collection to see them all-- these are just the highlights!
- One piece bathing suit is made in the USA by Anonyme, available from Drifting Arrows.
- Cotton towel is fair trade and handmade, available from Drifting Arrows.
- Golden tote is handwoven and fair trade, available from Drifting Arrows, which is apparently my new favorite store in the whole world.
- This all-purpose beauty balm from One Love Organics is perfect for summer sunning bc the pure, cold-pressed plant oils, rich mango butter, and three super-critical extracts break down dirt and makeup, cleansing your skin without stripping its natural protective layer.
- Cover-up is fair trade from Lemlem, $198 from Shopbop.
Shop more ethical options below, or visit my pinterest page for the full (and always growing) collection of eco-friendly, sustainable essentials for this summer!
Lastly, if you can handle the sun-soaked images, please do follow along with me on Instagram @MyFairVanity to see how the yoga beach adventure goes!